Just writing

It's a crazy world out there!

Monday, September 10, 2007

Impact of Chak De India



The neighbour of my sister has two daughters- both should be below 6 years. That late evening when I was leaving my sister's place after a visit, the mother of the two girls was asking her daughters to leave their plastic hockey sticks and go to sleep - "ab bas bhi karo tum dono, subah khel lena".

I was pleasantly surprised at this new craze of (women) hockey. The little girls, in their night suits, were dribbling with their plastic hockey sticks just outside their porsche. When I spoke to their mother about this new found craze, she told me that many of her daughters' classmates have got onto hockey. In fact, the school took all the kids for a special show of Chak De India and later dedicated a week for 'The National Sport of India- Hockey'.



By the way, are you running the Hutch Delhi Marathon?





Labels: ,