Just writing

It's a crazy world out there!

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Reducing my carbon footprint

People nowadays have started asking this question " What's your carbon footprint"?. Essentially meaning that in whatever energy consuming activity you perform (for that matter, every activity we do is energy consuming, barring perhaps sleep!) how much carbon emissions did I leave in the atmosphere. So, when I went to Sikkim last Wednesday, I caused emissions to come from: Cab from home to airport, Delhi airport to Bagdogra airport (planes have a much severe impact), cab from Bagdogra airport to Gangtok. That's quite a bit of carbon footprint!

Well the question is, could this footprint have been minimised? Well yes, if my clients were willing to have that 2 hours presentation on web confrencing via say, a Reliance Webworld. That would have saved loads of money and emissions as well. Well, it's another point that the trip was a package work+leisure trip, hence I liked it.

I think we should considering the latest means of interaction - internet (and its children - VOIP, Video conferencing etc), as not only money saving but also an important way to save environment.

Labels: