Just writing

It's a crazy world out there!

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Reducing my carbon footprint Part II

It has happened to me and I am liking it. Last year, I mainly worked on upcoming coal based energy plants (a really huge plant actually). So it was indirectly causing a lot of carbon footprints to be left behind on the environment and lot of guilt in my head for being a part in causing that.

Things have changed starting this year. I have been on hydro energy* till this quarter. I feel I am leaving less footprints through my work and also have the chance to wash away my past year's unclean energy's 'sins'. I may get to work on Wind energy next; meaning more opportunities to do cleaner work and totally free myself from the 'sins' accumulated last year :)


*Although not all hydro energy is renewable in nature. Big hydro plants (especially the ones which build huge dams - eg. Sardar Sarovar Dam) cause irreparable damage to environment around their dam/reservoir, since they submerge huge amount of hand- in turn submerging lot of vegitation and also people's houses. The vegitation that gets submerged emits loads of greenhouse hydrocarbon gases)