Just writing

It's a crazy world out there!

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Two blind men at Dadar Station

This time I was at Dadar station. While I was climbing the overbridge to move towards Central line (Dadar is a station where both Central and Western lines meet), I heard a sweet sound made by a string instrument. 'Luckily', I found the source when I saw this man, blind again, standing in the middle of the walking area of the incline of the brindge, playing a tun-tuna and singing some religious song and soliciting some money for his performance. I say luckily, because there were so many people around that it was difficult to locate the source of this muscial sound.

Moving ahead, I saw another blind man on the over bridge, seeking donations from people so that he could support himself. He was begging.

Could I see a similar difference between choices people make to sustain themselves? Begging vs Singing to earn a livelihood?